- One problem, one weekend, eight languages
- How to retrive Outlook default signature
- How to completely uninstall VFP 9.0
- Retrieving VFP runtime DLL name required by EXE or DLL
- Send email via MSN email account
- Send email via Yahoo mail account
- Remove Structural CDX or Memo flag from a table
- Deleting pages from PDF file through Acrobat automation
- GDIPLUS.DLL security updates for VFP 8.0 and VFP 9.0
- Powershell - Benchmark Command
Sometimes it's important to know if application is running under account that is a member of the Administrators group. There're a few ways to accomplish that.
Most Windows Shell and common controls DLLs implement DllGetVersion function. It allows applications to obtain DLL-specific version information to make sure that required functionality in a DLL is implemented.
The Windows API support class is used to handle Windows API structures.
#DEFINE DLLVER_PLATFORM_WINDOWS 1
#DEFINE DLLVER_PLATFORM_NT 2
* Copy file to different name
llSuccess = FileOpWithProgressbar("H:\TEMP\tord.dbf", "H:\TMP\TEST.dbf", "Copy")
* Copy with the same name
llSuccess = FileOpWithProgressbar("H:\TEMP\tord.dbf", "H:\TMP\", "Copy")
* Copy all dbf's
The limitations have been pulled from Windows SDK header file
* Maximum length of full pathname
#define MAX_PATH 260
* Maximum length of path component
#define MAX_DIR 256
* Maximum length of file name component
#define MAX_FNAME 256
* Maximum length of extension component
#define MAX_EXT 256
The class below simplifies use of Windows API function by providing methods to convert data between VFP types and Windows API types/structures
Most of the code was borrowed from Heap allocation class (clsheap) by late Ed Rauh.
DEFINE CLASS WinApiSupport AS Custom
* Converts VFP number to the Long integer
lcString = SPACE(4)
Sparse files are only supported under Windows 2000 and later and the file must be on a volume that is NTFS 5.0 or later.
The backup and restore privileges are required of all backup and restore applications. These privileges can be programmatically set, and the following example can be used to set these privileges. Based on Setting the Backup and Restore Privileges