- One problem, one weekend, eight languages
- How to retrive Outlook default signature
- How to completely uninstall VFP 9.0
- Retrieving VFP runtime DLL name required by EXE or DLL
- Send email via MSN email account
- Send email via Yahoo mail account
- Remove Structural CDX or Memo flag from a table
- Deleting pages from PDF file through Acrobat automation
- GDIPLUS.DLL security updates for VFP 8.0 and VFP 9.0
- Powershell - Benchmark Command
The comment/uncomment items on the Format menu do not have shortcut keys but they have access keys assigned. Pressing ALT+om and ALT+on on a keyboard will comment/uncomment selected text respectively.
A hotfix for a bug in VFP 9.0 SP2 FIX: The toolbar on an SDI form is disabled in Visual FoxPro 9.0 Service Pack 2 has been released.
Installing the hotfix will update VFP 9.0 SP2 to the version 22.214.171.12403
Gmail SMTP server requires SSL connection on port 465.
Known Gmail limits on sending emails:
- An attachment size is limited to 25 MB
- An individual email can be sent to maximum of 100 recipients
- A large number of undeliverable messages could trigger an account lockdown
Exceeding any limits beside the attachment size will cause Gmail account to be locked down for 24-72 hours.
It's simple and convenient to send unattended email with CDO 2000 as long as there's a SMTP server available.
Note 1 Uses CDO 2000 class for sending emails
* Replace addresses with real ones before running the code loMail = NEWOBJECT("Cdo2000", "Cdo2000.fxp") WITH loMail .cServer = "smtp.somedomain.com" * Uncomment following lines and fill your credentials * if your SMTP server requires basic authentication
The CDO2000 class allows to send emails w/o user intervention using a SMTP server.
An example on how to use the class can be found at CDO 2000 class for sending emails.
Note 1 CDO 2000 is included in Windows 2000 and later.
Note 2 A character set of any body part is controlled by Charset property. The default is "us-ascii".
The functions such as DELETED(), RECNO(), etc., which accept an optional workarea alias, could yield unexpected results when used in queries incorrectly.
Visual FoxPro 9.0 Service Pack 2 improves the capability of the AError() function for errors 1104 - Error reading file, and 1105 - Error writing file. For these errors only, the array produced by AError() contains additional error information consisting of the underlying operating system error number and error text. The error number and error text are stored in the AError() array, elements 6 and 7 respectively.
This additional error information corresponds to the values returned by the Windows API function GetLastError().
A version of VFP OLE DB provider installed on computer can be retrieved from provider itself or from its DLL through the registry.