- One problem, one weekend, eight languages
- How to retrive Outlook default signature
- How to completely uninstall VFP 9.0
- Retrieving VFP runtime DLL name required by EXE or DLL
- Send email via MSN email account
- Send email via Yahoo mail account
- Remove Structural CDX or Memo flag from a table
- Deleting pages from PDF file through Acrobat automation
- GDIPLUS.DLL security updates for VFP 8.0 and VFP 9.0
- Powershell - Benchmark Command
VFP class below allows retrieval of a ZIP file comment or a list/count of files in the ZIP archive. It uses VFP low level file functions (LLFF) to directly read the ZIP file.
There is more than one way to count lines in an ASCII file.
CREATE CURSOR test (C(1))
APPEND FROM (lcAsciiFileName) TYPE SDF
lnRecCount = _TALLY
USE IN temp
* # 2. The line length cannot exceed 8192 bytes. Would return 1 for empty file
lnRecCount = 0
lnFH = FOPEN(lcAsciiFileName)
DO WHILE NOT FEOF(lnFH)
= FGET(lnFH, 8192)
lnRecCount = lnRecCount + 1
FoxPro doesn't provide a direct way to check if variable is integer or how many digits it has after decimal point but it can be accomplished using PADL() function.
* Copy file to different name
llSuccess = FileOpWithProgressbar("H:\TEMP\tord.dbf", "H:\TMP\TEST.dbf", "Copy")
* Copy with the same name
llSuccess = FileOpWithProgressbar("H:\TEMP\tord.dbf", "H:\TMP\", "Copy")
* Copy all dbf's
In order to deploy VFP 9.0 object-assisted report features in runtime, the REPORT*.APP files have to be distributed with your application and their location stored into _REPORT* system variables.
The error 'Variable _REPORTOUTPUT is not found' may be generated if they are not populated properly.